Koeman Authenticate Mazraoui Talks: “A Sober Option For Netherlands”

Ronald Koeman, the Netherlands national team boss has confirmed that he has a long talk with Noussair Mazraoui Ajax right-back. And the talk was about choosing Oranje over Morocco. He is a talented player and now at the young age of 20. He was born in the Netherlands, but at the youth level, he represented Morocco and he was on the standby list of the clubs for the World Cup.

In an interview Koeman revealed that he had a conversation with Mazraoui and he believes that the player is a good option for the slot on the right-back in the national team of Dutch.

In the interview, He said, “last Thursday, I spoke to him and it was the afternoon time. Our conversation lasted for quite a long time. His agent and I had a large conversation and there were four people present. During our talk, we indicated him what we want and what we expect from him when he will be the part of the team. We assured him that in the coming time, for the right back position, he will be a serious option.

 “These days, he had many choices and now he has to make a choice, as he is being called for Morocco probably. But, what I personally believe that a player won’t come for conversation and will listen to our story if he had made up his mind for Morocco already.

“During our talk, we have indicated that we have been a new period and now we are giving a chance to new talents a chance.” He further added that on the basis of our conversation and how got separated and looking at the way he was replying, now we have a bit more hope than what we had before.”

SPURS KEEN ON CUTTING TIES WITH DUTCHMAN JANSSEN

Tottenham Hotspur feel they have not received enough return on investment on Netherlands star Vincent Janssen. The Premier League side is reportedly in talks with Turkish side Fenerbahce for the striker who barely made an impact in England, and has been slow to replicate the form that made Spurs buy him in the first place.

Janssen scored only four goals for Fenerhance as his season was hampered by injury. The Netherlands international has seen his profile seriously deteriorated since the move to England and now Turkey. He has not been included in the Tottenham American pre-season tour. There are strong indications that he would not return to north London this term.
(more…)

Besiktas President Confirms Interest In Arda Turan

Besiktas president Fikret Orman has opened the possibility of signing Barcelona attacker Arda Turan when the transfer window reopens next month. The Turkey international has not earned a single minute of playing time since Ernesto Valverde took incharge at Barcelona in the summer.

In a recent report covered by Marca, Orman admitted that he would like to pursue the services of Turan, although there is no deal in place yet to bring him back to Istanbul, he said: “I like Arda Turan and I would like to see him in a Besiktas shirt, but we have players in his position. So far, we haven’t made any move for him.” (more…)

DUTCH FOOTBALL LOSE AUTOMATIC SPOT IN EUROPE

Dutch football has entered a new low as the league champions would no longer get automatic slots in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League. The Dutch league is now 12th in the continental rankings so they would no longer get sure slots in the elite club competition.

Eredivisie champs Feyenoord and then Vitesse Arnhem placed last in their respective Champions League groups this term. For Dutch football it is another thing to ponder over, following the national team failure to qualify for Euro 2016 and the forthcoming World cup in Russia.
(more…)

DOWNFALL OF NETHERLANDS

In the time-lapse of 8 years, Netherlands went from finishing in 2nd place during the 2010 edition of the FIFA World Cup to not being able to even qualify which is very surprising to say the least.

The downfall of Netherlands is a pretty noticeable one as they went from taking out the Brazilian nation in 2010 in order to reach the finals and more recently, failed to even qualify for the upcoming 2018 FIFA World.
(more…)

SOUTHAMPTON SIGH NETHERLANDS DEFENDER HOEDT

Premier League side Southampton havesigned Netherlands defender Wesley Hoedt from Serie A side Lazio for £15 million on a five-year deal, according to reports.


The 23-year old moved to Lazio from AZ Alkmaar back in 2015. Southampton vice chair Les Reed claims the new addition is “one of the most promising young defenders” on the continent, hence offering him the deal.

Southampton hope to keep his Netherlands compatriot Virgil van Dijk despite handing in a transfer request to move to Liverpool. The club insists he is not for sale. Hoedt should partner him in centre back even though rumours say he would eventually replace him.

Hoedt had his full international debut earlier this year. He had earned four caps so far and is rated highly amongst his peers in Holland.

“Wesley has proven his talent through his performances for Lazio, as well as the Netherlands, and we believe he can develop even further here at Southampton, alongside his international teammate Van Dijk, as well as the Jack Stephens, Maya Yoshida, Jan Bednarek and Florin Gardos,” Reed added. (more…)

Netherlands might not qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup

The last time that Netherlands failed to qualify for any FIFA World Cup was back on 2002 when Japan along with South Korea dual hosted the international football competition.


Netherlands are currently competing in Group A of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification stages. They have collected 10 points from their 6 opening qualifying matches and are located at the 3rd spot behind the likes of: Sweden and France with each of them having 13 points from that same amount of games played.

Only the top 2 national sides are able to qualify for the upcoming edition of the FIFA World Cup and Netherlands is not one of those teams, they will have to start collecting points at a consistent basis which is a completely achievable task for a national side that is ranked at the 31st spot according to the latest edition of the FIFA Rankings.

There are 4 qualifying matches that Netherlands has left to play, their nearest one is against France which is scheduled to be played on August 31 at the Saint-Denis stadium and a victory over the French outfit can be huge for Dick Advocaat and his squad. (more…)

Dick Advocaat makes his 3rd spell at the helm of Netherlands

For the 3rd time, Dick Advocaat was selected as the man to take charge of the Netherlands national side as he was confirmed for the head coaching position on May of 2017.


However, this time around, it might be Advocaat’s shortest managerial spell ever at the helm of Netherlands.

When Dick Advocaat was announced was announced as yet again the head coach of Netherlands, it was also stated that his initial contract will run up until the end of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification campaign which is going to be on October 10 of 2017 when Netherlands plays their last qualification match against Sweden.

However, if Netherlands are able to snatch a top 2 spot of Group A and manage to earn their qualification ticket into the upcoming 2018 FIFA World Cup then Dick Advocaat’s contract with the national side is going to be extended throughout the entirety of the approaching tournament.

The Netherlands national side has dropped points in their qualification campaign for the 2018 FIFA World Cup after losing to: (more…)

Danny Blind Sacked from Dutch National Team

Danny Blind has paid the price for a poor World Cup qualification campaign at the helm of Netherlands.


The team had been coming on the back of yet another disappointment of failing to reach the Euro 2016. They have been hoping to make an impact at least at the World Cup 2018. However, being placed in a tough group containing Euro 2016 finalist France did not help matters. Netherlands have made an extremely poor start to the World Cup qualification campaign after managing only two wins the five matches. As a result, France have been able to open up a six-point advantage at the top of the table.

It 2-0 loss against Bulgaria was the last straw for the national team, who decided to take action by getting rid of Danny Blind. After having been an assistant coach prior to taking over as the full-time manager, Blind was appointed in August 2015. (more…)

Louis Van Gaal may not do Coaching anymore

Louis Van Gaal has surprisingly suggested that he may not be able to get himself back to soccer coaching again.


In the summer when he was making his way out of United, Van Gaal had not shut the door on his potential future employers.

He had stated back then that his coaching career still had some way to go and he would entertain new offers.

Thereafter in August, there were reports that he was interviewed by the Belgian federation, but, was unable to convince them with his project and was beaten by Roberto Martinez for the head coach job there.

Though he himself did not confirm whether he was indeed interviewed or not.

But recently he has revealed that he refused to pen a bumper deal with a club from Asia which was willing to pay him as much as 15 million Pounds per season. (more…)